This dish really couldn’t be simpler and takes all of 20 minutes to knock up.
You can’t go wrong with delicious crispy fried chicken coated in pesto with garlic potatoes. It’s perfect as a quick and healthy mid week meal but even better served on a summer evening al fresco. Maybe with a glass of wine or two…
PESTO CHICKEN SALAD WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OILED TOSSED POTATOES AND SOFT BOILED EGG
(Serves 2 to 3)
- Two chicken fillets
- Two medium sized potatoes
- Bag of salad leaves
- Two eggs
- Green pesto (Any store bought jar is fine. I always keep a jar in the fridge and use it in pastas, with meat, mixed with cous cous and even in sandwiches as a spread.)
- Olive oil
- Around two garlic cloves
- Quarter your potatoes and boil for 10 to 15 mins.
- While your potatoes are boiling, slice your chicken into strips and fry in a little oil. Once they have browned add around three to four teaspoons of pesto to the pan and coat well.
- Place two eggs into boiling water. After about 5 to 8 minutes (or however you like your eggs done) drain and leave in cold water to cool. Once cooled peel and slice into halves.
- Once soft drain your potatoes and toss in the pan with a little olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Place potatoes on a bed of salad leaves in a separate bowl. A large serving bowl preferably.
- Top with your pesto chicken and soft boiled eggs.
- Serve warm, preferably in the sun with a glass of vino. Perfect.